We do not have a test environment or sandbox to run tests: we work with test users directly into the site.
The advantage of working with a test user is that you can simulate the same actions allowed for a real user –list, update data, ask, answer, purchase, sell, rate, etc.- among test users without paying for any charges or getting penalties, without jeopardizing a real user’s reputation.
This tutorial will guide you on how to start working with our API while your app is currently on development.
Create a test user
You need to have a token to create a test user. If you haven’t got your access_token yet, you may read the Authentication & Authorization guide
, or you can simple come back here when you are ready to test.
You only need to send on the on the JSON the country where you want to operate.
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d
Great! On the response you get the User_id, Nickname, Password and current status of your new test user.
When working with test users, you need to take into account the following considerations:
- You can create up to 10 test users with your mercadolibre account.
- Test users won’t be active for too long, but once they expire, you can create new ones.
- List under the “Others” category as much as possible.
- Never list under “gold” or “gold_premium” so it doesn’t get to our home page.
- Test users can only operate with test items: Test users can only buy, sell, and make questions on test items.
- Test users showing no activity (buy, ask, publish, etc.) during 60 days are immediately removed.
- Test items are removed regularly.
Great! you just finished our Getting Started section. To continue learning, we recommend you to visit our API docs
, and choose among our verticals: Products
, Real Estates
Buy and sell between users test
If you want to simulate purchases between test users, you could use our test cards
Note: Bear in mind that you should upload fictitious data and that for security, when running tests, we don't add bank names to cards available for testing.
Next topic: Manage your project & apps