Item description contains customized information about the product for sale, which supplements the standard description.
What kind of information should the description include?
It should include the technical characteristics and the differentiators against competition.
Uploading item description
Through the API, you can work with descriptions containing plain text.
- When you create a new item, you must add "plain_text" in the "description" field.
- Remember that you can only break pages this way: \n and you cannot change fonts, sizes or make texts in bold.
How can I list in both formats?
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d
"title": "Item de test - No Ofertar",
"plain_text":"Descripción con Texto Plano \n"},
"warranty": "12 months by Ray Ban",
Benefits of using plain text
- They will have better results in searches.
- Descriptions can be downloaded 5 times faster.
- They will be properly displayed in all devices (mobile, tablets, computer).
- Besides, you will be able to upload up to 10 item pictures and/or a link with a YouTube video.
Find below an example of the best practice to prepare a description:
“Babolat Pure Control 3 Racket”
Bear in mind that you can add any payment and shipping method that you wish to the VIP.
If you want your listing to show all item variations, even differential stock for each of them, we encourage you to use customized variations.
Bear in mind that if you list using html and plain text, the priority will be given to the latter.
Adding or replacing an existing description
If you sent an empty description when listing an item, you can add it later. The same applies to changing the existing description.
curl -X PUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d
"plain_text":"Los mejores Rayban Wayfarer. Test."
Can you see? It's easy! Descriptions can be added or replaced whenever you want, even if there are bids for the item. So, get on with it and prepare an excellent description for your items!